The new operating system from Microsoft, Windows 10 has been officially available for the last few days. And, you guys will be shocked to know the number of machines which have been already upgraded to Windows 10, that is, more than 14 millions and that too in just in a time span of 24 hours. If you are also excited to have a clean install of Windows 10 on your custom PC, then all you need if to format and start using new Windows. Your PC will automatically prompt with an upgrade to Windows 10. Since, you want to start afresh, then you need to clean install. But do you have any idea about how to do a clean install of Windows 10? Don’t worry, because I am here with a brief tutorial about the same.
If you are using Windows 7 or 8, then you can easily upgrade your PC with Windows 10 for free. If you choose the free upgrade method, then it will bring all the files and data from the pervious OS to a new one. It significantly can affect the performance of your PC. Here I am with a brief tutorial to show you all that, how to do a clean install of Windows 10 on your PC. This is possible to follow before and after upgrading to Windows 10. Remember that you cannot get a clean and fresh Windows 10 install without some of the files being erased. So, it is really important to back up the data before proceeding with the process.
How to do a clean install of Windows 10
On a system already working with Windows 10
If you are using a PC installed with Windows 10, the easiest way to clean install is to reset it. Follow the steps mentioned below carefully.
- Click on the Start Menu followed by Settings.
Yes, guys, the Start Menu is back with Windows 10, which was disabled in Windows 8. But, if you are using Windows 8, then also you can get back the Start Menu.
- You have been directed to the Settings page of Windows 10. Click on Update & Security followed by Recovery.
- You will see 3 options under recovery with an option to Get Started under each. Click on Get Started under the option Reset this PC.
- Click on Remove Everything and also, you can select the other option to retain your personal files on your PC.
The third option available here is to Restore Factory Settings. But, this option is available on only some PCs and will simply retain the previous installed Windows on your PC.
- Now, you will get to see 2 options again, Just remove my files and Remove files and clean the drive. Choose option 1, if you intend to keep your PC, but choose option 2, if you intend to sell it.
After choosing the suitable option out of these two, you can click on Reset option. Your PC will Restart after a few minutes or can take half an hour as well, depends on the speed of your PC. You will see a clean and freshly installed Windows 10.
Note: If you intend to follow this way to reset your PC, you will lose the option of getting back to the previous Windows version.
On a system working on Windows 7/8
If you still own a PC running on Windows 7 or 8, then the first thing you need to know that why you need to upgrade from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10. And if you are sure that you are all set to upgrade your PC with Windows 10, then move further. What if you want to avoid upgrading using the Windows update? Then, it is better to use a USB Flash Drive as it is the best way. It works with all PCs, including the ones not featuring an optical drive as well.
- Navigate to the official website of Microsoft and download the media creation tool, depending on the version of your Windows system. The one which will be compatible with the system will work.
- After the successful installation of the tool, run it and choose the option Create installation media for another PC. Click on Next.
- Now, select the Language as well as Edition and Architecture for your new Windows 10. Click on Next.
- Now, choose the option USB Flash drive to use it as a media.
- Now, insert the flash drive and click on Next. After selecting the drive, Windows 10 will start downloading automatically. The process of downloading will take a few minutes or a few hours. After successful downloading, the tool will particularly take a few more minutes to turn the flash drive as an installation media for Windows 10.
- Now, insert the flash drive to a PC running on Windows 7 or 8. Open the particular drive and click on the Setup file. The upgrading process will automatically start.
- After checking everything, including all the updates, it will greet you with a dialogue box of Ready to Install with three options. Choose the suitable one, prefer selecting Nothing.
- Follow the installation process and you will get a clean installed Windows 10 on your PC.
Microsoft does allow the users to upgrade their systems, first with Windows 10 in order to convert the product key and once it is done, the product key can be used to clean install Windows 10. This method is obviously not that comfortable because it needs a little more time before the process of clean installation of Windows 10. Yes, it was the first method, but now I have to you all about how to do a clean install of Windows 10 easily.
Did you find the tutorial easy and interesting? I am still investing few other methods to do the same, but this method worked quite well. So, just upgrade your machines with Windows 10 and enjoy an experience of being with the new Windows.